As part of my goal for February, I have to cook at least one new meal a week to post on my blog, I did a new recipe last night and it was so good! I sometimes struggle for inspiration and motivation to cook! Some things just take quite a while to prep or to cook in general and I simply cannot be bothered sometimes! But pasta is always a good choice for a new recipe as it cooks so quickly and you can pretty much put anything with it and it’s almost guaranteed to taste delicious.
What was great about this meal as well was that it was so cheap to make! It’s versatile and next time I will be adding some veg like spinach and broccoli as I think that will be a great combination. As we both loved it, I will definitely be making it again, but I think I will add some chilli flakes next time so it has a bit of a kick. I used half-fat creme fraiche to give it some creaminess, but it was mainly because I had some in the fridge! Philadelphia would be good to use too.
Prep time: 10 minutes.
Cooking time: 25 minutes.
- 150g chorizo, diced.
- 1 medium brown onion, diced.
- 1 tsp lazy garlic.
- 1 bunch of spring onions sliced.
- 8 sundried tomatoes, chopped.
- 1 tsp Sacla sundried tomato pesto.
- 2 tbsp half-fat creme fraiche.
- 2 lemons – use the zest and juice.
- 300g fresh tagliatelle.
- Bunch of basil finely chopped.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Grated parmesan to garnish.
- Put some salted water onto boil for the tagliatelle in a large saucepan.
- In a large frying pan, fry off the chorizo on a high heat for around 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic to the chorizo and turn down to a medium heat. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and juice as well as the chopped sundried tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the tagliatelle to the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- To the chorizo, add the basil, pesto and season with salt and pepper.
- When the pasta is cook, add a ladle of the water to the chorizo and drain the rest off. The water ensures the sauce will cling to the pasta.
- Stir the tagliatelle through the chorizo and add the creme fraiche.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan.